Pistachio ice cream is good, but pistachio avocado ice cream is great! This recipe features avocados, fresh lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, milk, heavy cream, and raw pistachios. It's ice cream that the whole family will enjoy! Whether you choose to serve this ice cream up during a hot summer day, or a crisp fall evening, it always tastes incredible and is fun to make.
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 T. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 ea. 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2/3 c. raw pistachios, finely chopped
- In the jar of a blender, place the diced avocado, lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, milk and heavy cream. Puree until completely smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl and incorporate the pistachios. Cover and chill until ready to make the ice cream.
- Process the avocado mix in you ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place in the freezer for a couple hours for firmer ice cream.
Who invented ice cream?
The inventor and origins of ice cream are widely debated. According to the International Dairy Foods Association, “Ice cream's origins are known to reach back as far as the second century B.C., although no specific date of origin nor inventor has been undisputably credited with its discovery.”
What is the difference between ice cream and gelato?
The main difference between gelato and ice cream is that gelato uses more milk and less cream than ice cream. Texture-wise, gelato is much denser than ice cream and has a softer texture.
What is the difference between custard and ice cream?
Custard and ice cream stem from the same key ingredients (milk, cream, and sugar), but the main difference is that custard contains pasteurized egg yolk, making it much creamier than ice cream.
What is the difference between sherbet and ice cream?
By law, sherbet must contain less than 2% fat. Ice cream on the other hand must contain at least 10% milkfat. Additionally, sherbet is always fruit-based.
How long is ice cream good for?
Ice cream is best within 2 to 3 months of purchasing. According to the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, frozen food continuously stored at 0 °F will always be safe for consumption at a later date.
How do you keep ice cream soft?
Placing your ice cream inside a plastic bag in the freezer can keep it from getting too hard. Your ice cream will still freeze properly, but it will be much softer than ice cream stored in just a container.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!