Creamy as can be, this shrimp scampi is perfect for dinner! Serve with a green salad for an avo-mazing meal!
- For the Shrimp:
- 8 c. Water
- 1 lb. Cooked shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 8 oz. Linguini, uncooked
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/2 c. Yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. White wine
- 1/4 c. Parsley, chopped
- 2 T. Avocado oil
- 2 T. Butter, salted
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 4 ea. Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 t. Paprika
- 1/2 t. Garlic powder
- To taste, Salt and pepper
- In a large pot on high heat, bring water to a boil and add linguini. Reduce water to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once thoroughly cooked, remove from heat and drain noodles.
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, warm avocado oil and add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent, approximately 10 minutes, while constantly stirring.
- Add shrimp, white wine, butter, crushed red pepper, paprika and garlic powder to the onion mixture and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the shrimp are golden while stirring constantly.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add parsley, lemon juice and avocado to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Add the cooked linguini to the sauce and stir until well combined and salt and pepper to taste to make avocado shrimp scampi.
- In four bowls, evenly distribute the avocado shrimp scampi.