- 4 ea. slices of rustic bread
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/3 c. cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c. Colby Jack cheese
- 1/3 c. mozzarella cheese
- 2 T. butter
- Black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and set aside.
- Add avocado and grated cheese to a bowl. Mash until you have a creamy paste. Add pepper to taste and mix to combine.
- On the unbuttered side of bread, add half of the avocado-cheese filling (Note: If using small pieces of bread, there will be extra filling).
- Top the avocado cheese mixture with the other slice of bread, the unbuttered side sitting on top of filling.
- Carefully place one of the buttered sides of the sandwich on hot pan and cover with a lid. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- Once golden, flip sandwich to the other buttered side, cover and let cook until also golden. Remove from skillet, put each sandwich on a plate and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!