- 2 ea. slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 ea. slices bacon, cooked
- 1 ea. chicken breast, 3-oz. size, grilled and thinly sliced
- 1 ea. lettuce leaf
- 1/2 ea. tomato, sliced
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 2 T. pre-made basil aioli
- Spread basil aioli on each slice of bread.
- On 1 slice, layer sliced chicken breast, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and bacon. Cover with remaining bread and serve.
Who doesn’t love bacon? Bacon goes well with just about everything – which is why the BLT is a hit with almost everyone. Not only does bacon go well with lettuce and tomato, but it pairs wonderfully with the avocado!
Who invented the BLT?
In the United States, BLT’s became popular after WWII. When it comes to pinpointing the origin of the BLT, the history is foggy, but many believe bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches (BLT’s) were first made by the Romans.
What can you serve with a BLT?
BLT’s can be served with just about anything. Why not mix it up and serve your BLT with dessert like these chocolate avocado brownies? What you choose to pair your BLT with really depends on what you enjoy.
What is a good side dish for BLT sandwiches?
Side dishes for BLT’s can range from avocado fries to classic Mexican guacamole recipes. The options are endless!
What soups go well with BLT sandwiches?
What soup you pair your BLT with depends on the season and your tastes! We enjoy pairing our BLT with this cold Mexican soup, or on a cold winter day, this corn and shrimp soup. BLT’s even pair well with Mexican beef chili.