Made with cream cheese, Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese, this sandwich is full of cheesy goodness! Mixed with onion, jalapeño, red peppers and layered with turkey and avocado, this sandwich makes lunchtime a delicious part of the day! Or heat this sandwich and pair with a soup for a warm, cozy dinner! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 1/2 c. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 T. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 T. onion, finely chopped
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 4 ea. slices of rye bread
- 8 ea. slices of turkey deli meat
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, red bell peppers, onions, jalapeños, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder until well combined.
- To assemble, evenly spread cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Place 2 slices of turkey on 4 slices of bread; top with avocado and cover with remaining bread.