Not only is this combination of ingredients wholesome and packed with nutrients and vitamins that your body will be happy to receive, but it is also packed with flavor. Sweet, tart, citrusy and creamy all combined to make for an in-between-meals snack to keep you going, or as a quick breakfast before you head out the door in the morning. Truth is, I have also made it late at night! You can make it a silky juice, if you juice the beet and pineapple in a juicer or buy them already juiced at the store. Or you can turn it into a hefty smoothie, if you throw all the ingredients in the blender. The choice is yours, and the taste is phenomenal either way.
Tip: You can make it ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- 2 cups peeled and diced beets (about ½ pound)
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced pineapple (about ½ pound)
- 3/4 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 Avocado From Mexico pitted, meat scooped out
- Credit: Pati Jinich
- For a smoothie: Place all ingredients in the blender, and puree until completely smooth.
- For juice: Pass the beets and pineapple through a juicer. Place the beet and pineapple juice in blender along with the avocado and orange juice, and puree until smooth.