Turkey meatballs are made savory and delicious with the addition of pumpkin and fresh avocado. A flavorful tomato sauce helps makes this dish complete! Top pasta, zucchini noodles or pair with a salad for dinner!
- Meatball Seasoning:
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1-1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 ea. large egg
- 1/2 ea. yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 T. chicken bouillon powder
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- Side Garnish:
- 2 ea. zucchini, cut into round slices
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 3 ea. large tomatoes
- 2 ea. medium garlic cloves
- 1 T. liquid chicken bouillon
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- In a glass bowl, add all the ingredients for seasoning the meat, stir until well incorporated.
- Slice zucchinis into thin ½ inch slices and set aside.
- In blender, add the tomatoes, garlic cloves, liquid chicken bouillon and black pepper. Blend and put in a pot over medium heat.
- Form the meatballs into about 1-1/2 inch thick balls.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat and cook the meatballs until done in the center, approximately 15 minutes. After the meatballs are cooked, add to the tomato sauce and cook for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add zucchini to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve meatballs with zucchini slices and a few slices of avocado on the side.