A light, delicious and healthy dish with a variety of textures, including fresh tuna, creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber, and tangy mango, beautifully presented in a glass for an appetizer or light meal.
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 2 T. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 1 T. chopped fresh garlic
- 1 T. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 T. sambal oelek chili sauce
- 2 t. honey
- 2 t. black sesame seeds
- 1 lb. sushi-grade tuna, chopped
- Avocado Wasabi Crema:
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 ea. Avocado From Mexico
- 1 T. wasabi paste
- 1 t. honey
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- Parfait Layers:
- 1/2 c. cooked black rice
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1 c. fresh mango, diced
- 1/4 c. English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 c. toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 T. black sesame seeds
- Prepare the tuna: In a bowl whisk, together toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sambal oiled, honey, and sesame seeds to make a marinade. Add the chopped tuna and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate the mixture while you prepare the rest.
- Prepare the crema: In a food processor, blend together the mayo, avocado, wasabi, honey, and sea salt until well combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Assemble the parfaits: Divide black rice among 4 decorative glasses. Top each with tuna, diced avocado, mango, and cucumber. Finish with a generous dollop of wasabi crema, macadamia nuts, and black sesame seeds.