Tailgating is the perfect opportunity to show off your barbecue creativity. These kebabs combine traditional fajita ingredients on a stick – to make it easy for grilling and serving. Surprise your friends by grilling everyone’s favorite ingredient – avocados and combine with corn cob pieces and jalapeños …some like it HOT!
- 2 ea. ripe Avocados From Mexico, cut into large cubes
- 6 ea. barbecue skewers, metal or bamboo
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp
- 1/2 lb. sirloin steak (or other lean cut), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ea. packet taco seasoning, 40% reduced-sodium
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 T. hot sauce
- 3 ea. corn cob, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ea. large red onion, cut into large pieces
- 6 ea. jalapeño (or serrano) pepper
- 2 ea. flour tortillas (6”), cut into 3 pieces each
- 1 ea. lime, cut into 6 slices
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp and steak with taco seasoning, lime juice and hot sauce.
- Thread pieces of meat and seafood alternating with corn, onion, jalapeño and avocado. Season with salt & pepper and lime juice, as desired.
- Heat grill to high. Place skewers on grill for 6-8 minutes until meat is cooked.
- Serve with lime wedges and tortilla pieces.