6-7 slices pepper jack cheese
8-10 slices Smithfield® bacon, cooked
8-10 egg roll wrappers
- In a large frying pan, heat about 2" of oil on medium heat.
- Slice avocados and drizzle with lime. Sprinkle with salt as desired.
- Place one egg roll wrapper on your work surface. Lay ½ of a slice of cheese in the middle. Lay 1 slice of avocado on top of cheese, and then one slice of bacon, broken in half. Finish with another slice of avocado.
- Fold the part of the wrapper pointing towards you over the stack of avocado and bacon. Fold the left and right corners over the middle and roll up egg roll nearly all the way. Be sure to fold tightly with no openings for ingredients to fall or leak out. With fingertip, dab a bit of water on the remaining corner at the top and then seal this corner onto the egg roll to close it.
- Repeat steps until all of your ingredients and wrappers have been used. Carefully place a few egg rolls into your hot oil and cook, turning them over once until golden brown on each side. Remove from oil and allow to drain and cool on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve whole or cut in half at an angle.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!