- Tortilla Omelet Roll-Ups:
- 4 ea. eggs
- 3 ea. white bread, slices
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 4 T. fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray to taste
- Avocado Cream:
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. sweet and sour sauce
- 1/2 ea. lemon, juiced
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 T. cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, beat one egg with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a 25 cm skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the egg mixture and cook at medium heat on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes, until set. The omelet is going to be difficult to roll if cooking for a longer time.
- Carefully place omelet on wax paper. Repeat the same with the rest of the eggs until there are 4 omelets.
- Roll omelets tightly and wrap each with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil and butter.
- Cut each slice of bread in 1-1/2 inch slices, 12 small pieces, coat them with butter-oil mix and bake until browned, about 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Once omelets are cool, remove from refrigerator and cut each omelet roll into 3 pieces.
- Once bread is cool, evenly distribute sour cream on each mini bread slice, then place an omelet wheel on top.
- Put the avocado cream ingredients in a blender and blend. Add more oil if necessary.
- Serve omelet bites with avocado cream.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!