- 6 c. water
- 1/2 ea. head of romaine, chopped
- 4 ea. oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 ea. bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 ea. large limes, peeled
- 3 ea. red apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1 ea. jicama, peeled and sliced
- 3 ea. pieces of sugar cane
- 3 ea. large beets, peeled
- 1 c. peanuts, shelled
- Prepare fruit. Slice oranges and limes and remove the seeds. Then slice bananas, apples and jicama.
- Prepare sugar. Peel the cane and make strips.
- Prepare beets. In a pan, boil the beets with in water for 15 minutes. Once cooked, remove the beets from water. Save the broth and slice the beets.
- Prepare salad. In a bowl, combine the slices of fruit with strips of cane and beet slices together. Gently toss.
- Drizzle desired amount of beet broth on the fruit and let cool.
- To serve, evenly distribute lettuce on 8 plates. Top each salad with even amount of fruit and beet mixture, avocado and peanuts.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!