Baked Lasagna with Roasted Veggies and Avocado Bechamel
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomotoes
- 1 cup button mushrooms, cleaned and dried
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 basil leaves, picked and cleaned
- 2 Avocados From Mexico, pit and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and peper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 9 oven ready Lasagna Sheets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare veggies for roasting by seasoning with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until caramelized, tender and tomatoes begin to burst.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Prepare avocado bechamel by pureeing avocado, garlic, olive oil, basil, and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To build lasagna, slather a 1/2 cup of avocado bechamel on the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish and begin layering with 3 ovenready lasagna sheets, followed by more bechamel, a smattering of assorted roasted veggies, and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat, building two more layers, finishing with extra sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-12 minutes until golden and bubbly. Cool slightly before slicing.
- Top with parsley and parmesan cheese.