Chocolate Avocado Pudding with Sweet and Spicy Nuts
For the Pudding
- 2 avocados, pits removed
- 1 banana
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Nuts
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Pistachios
- ½ cup Almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Chill in refrigerator.
- Garnish with Whipped Cream, crumbled nuts and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Prepare a cooking sheet with wax paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium-high heat cooking until mixture comes to a boil and cooks down a touch.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine nuts, cranberries, and spices. Pour sugar mixture over nuts and toss to combine. Place on wax paper and bake for 5-10 minutes until roasted, toasted and not tacky to the touch.
- Allow to cool before breaking up and garnishing pudding cups.
Avocado Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 avocado, pit removed
- 1 cup peanut powder or finely pureed peanuts
- Splash of water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- Prepare a mini cupcake pan with liners of choice.
- In a blender, mix peanuts and half of the coconut oil until smooth and starting to “butter”. Add avocado and blend further until smooth.
- Scoop into tablespoon size balls and set aside in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips with coconut oil until smooth. Scoop about a teaspoon of the chocolate into prepared muffin pan and pop in freezer to firm up.
- Once firm, top with peanut butter, followed by more melted chocolate. Place back in the freezer to completely firm up for about 15 minutes.
Coconut Avocado “Grasshopper” Bars
- 2 Avocados, pits removed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- Peppermint Extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with wax paper.
- In a blender or food processor, blend avocados, sugar, coconut oil, and shredded coconut until smooth. Season with desired amount of peppermint extract, salt, and vanilla extract. Pour into prepared pan and freeze until firm while preparing chocolate layer.
- Heat chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave until melted.
- Pour over firm avocado mixture and return to freezer or fridge until firm, cut into bars. Bars will keep for up to a week in a sealed container.
Tahini Avocado Truffles
- 2 avocado, pit removed
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup Tahini (you can also use peanut butter, almond butter, or sesame butter)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a bowl and freeze until firm enough to scoop (about 30 minutes)
- Scoop and roll into balls and garnish with any combination of toppings below.
- Chopped Pistachios
- Cocoa Powder
- Freeze-dried fruit such as Raspberries, Strawberries
- Toasted Coconut
- Chopped Cranberries
- White Chocolate chips chopped
- Chopped Almonds
- Dip in Melted Chocolate