7 Layer Dip Tostada Stack
- 2 Avocados From Mexico, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted, ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 8 ounces ground meat
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- Oil for frying
- 8 street size tortillas, corn or flour
- 1/2 cup refried beans, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup your favorite chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- Sliced Avocado from Mexico for garnish
- Prepare guacamole by combining avocados, red onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and lemon juice in a bowl. Gently mash with a fork until desired consistency is achieved. Season with salt, pepper, and ground cumin.
- Brown meat in a nonstick skillet and add taco seasoning. Mix to incorporate.
- Preheat about an inch of oil in a shallow pan to 350 degrees. Prepare tostada stack shells by frying tortillas 1 at a time until golden and crispy.
- To build stacks, spread 2 tostada shell with warm beans, ground meat, and cheese.
- Smear guacamole onto 2 tostada shells and top with chunky salsa.
- Top remaining tostada shells with sour cream and shredded cabbage.
- Starting with the bean and meat topped shells, stack the tostada shells one after another to form a tower. Garnish the top layer with sliced avocado.