This creamy chilled soup is a win for any warm day! Made with avocado, tomato puree, onion and TABASCO® sauce, this soup is a perfect pair with grilled chicken, salmon or as a stand-alone appetizer! Grab a spoon and dig in!
- 4 peeled, pitted and diced Hass avocados
- 4 cambray onions finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth room temp.
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a food processor, mix avocados, grilled onions, chicken broth, mashed tomato, hot sauce and lemon juice.
- Reserve a few sprigs of cilantro for decoration and placed the rest in the processor. Mix until well mixed and like paste.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour the soup into a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, divide the soup among 4 bowls. Add a teaspoon of cream in the soup and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.