Whether it's for a party or a family weekend dinner, these turkey burgers topped with a feta cheese, red pepper flake guacamole are a win! Tasty and savory, your friends and family will love them!
- 1 lb. ground turkey thighs
- 1 c. loosely packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic (roughly 3 cloves)
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/2 t. ground pepper
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and skin removed
- 1/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ea. slider buns, toasted
- 1 c. torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 ea. slices roma tomato
- 1/2 c. alfalfa sprouts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper until thoroughly incorporated.
- Form into 8 slider-sized patties, roughly 2 ounces each.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high (making sure to oil the grates if using an indoor grill pan) and cook sliders until underside begins to brown, roughly 4 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until no longer pink inside. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, roughly mash avocados with a fork. Add feta cheese, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes and mix until combined.
- Assemble the sliders: on the bottom bun, layer lettuce, one patty, one tomato slice, a generous scoop of avocado mash, about 1 T. sprouts, and top with remaining bun half.