- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ea. 4-ounce jar of pimentos, drained & diced small
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. white vinegar
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- 8 ea. slices of seedless rye bread
- 24 ea. slices of bacon, cooked
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 8 T. butter, unsalted
- Pimento Cheese: Combine cheese, pimentos, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To assemble, butter each slice of bread on one side. Place 4 slices of bread buttered side down on a baking sheet or dish. Spread 1/4 cup pimento cheese and top with 3 bacon strips and avocados. Cover with remaining slices of bread buttered side up.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place sandwich in skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and bread is browned.