- 2 ea. bacon slices, cooked and chopped into 1-2 in. pieces
- 1 ea. egg
- 1 ea. medium green tomato
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/4 c. yellow corn meal
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- Pepper to taste
- Slice the tomato into rounds that are about 1/3-inch thick.
- Place 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour on a cutting board or plate and coat both sides of each tomato slice with flour.
- In a bowl, mix the egg and milk together, add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Mix the yellow corn meal and the 1/8 cup of all-purpose flour in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Take each flour-coated tomato slice and dip into the egg and milk mixture. Then, dredge each slice in the corn meal and flour mix. Set each tomato slice on a plate, keeping the slices in a single layer.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Once the oil is very hot, place the tomato slices into the skillet. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, ensuring that the tomato slices are crispy and golden. Remove the tomatoes from the oil and place them on a plate that has been lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Cut the avocado in half horizontally. Slice the fatter, bottom half of the it into rings that are slightly less thick than the tomato rings.
- Place an avocado ring on top of a tomato slice, top with bacon, and finish the "sandwich" with another tomato slice, then serve.