If you are looking for a different "sauce" for your typical sandwich, try mashing avocado and spreading on each side of you bun! Add a layer of mashed black beans, tomato, lettuce, jalapeños, and chicken for a green twist on a basic sub! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- 8 oz. chicken cutlet, cooked & sliced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2/3 c. black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 ea. hoagie rolls, sliced lengthwise
- 1 c. iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 ea. medium tomato, sliced
- 1/4 c. pickled jalapeños, sliced
- In a small bowl, mash avocado and season with salt.
- In a separate small bowl, mash black beans.
- Spread mashed avocado on both halves of each roll. On bottom half, layer with chicken, mashed black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and jalapeños. Cover with top half of roll.