- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1 ea. 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed
- 2 T. hummus, your choice of flavor
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. green onions, finely chopped
- 8 ea. slices of whole grain bread
- 1 c. baby spinach
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocado and chickpeas. Stir in hummus, lemon juice, and green onions.
- To assemble, spread avocado and chickpea mixture on 4 slices of bread and top with spinach. Cover with remaining bread slices.
- Suggested Toppings: sliced tomato, cucumber, and shredded carrots.