Jicama adds a crunch to this black bean salad! Layered with pork, queso fresco and tomatoes, this salad will had a fresh and flavorful kick to your lunchtime routine! Pair with fruit or whole grain crackers to complete your meal! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 12 oz. pork, cooked & diced
- 2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1 ea. 15-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 c. jicama, cut into matchsticks
- 1 c. tomatoes, small dice
- 1/3 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. prepared Italian dressing
- In a medium bowl, combine pork, avocados, beans, jicama, tomatoes, queso fresco, and cilantro; toss gently with dressing.
- Recommendation: serve on a bed of lettuce.