Creamy fiesta chicken is the perfect topping to a salad! With flavors of picante, cilantro, garlic, sour cream and more, this chicken will melt in your mouth! Add Avocados From Mexico, pecans and tortilla strips for the ultimate fiesta!
- 16 c. Mixed greens
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 c. Pecans, chopped
- 1 c. Tri colored tortilla strips
- Fiesta Avocado Chicken
- 2 ea. Chicken breast
- 1/2 ea. Onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. Picante
- 1/3 c. Sour cream
- 1/3 c. Avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 ea. Can of green chilis
- 1/4 c. Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 ea. Jalapeno, minced
- 2 ea. Cloves of garlic
- 2 t. Taco seasoning
- 1/2 t. Chili powder
- 1/2 t. Cumin powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the creamy fiesta avocado chicken salad: In a large crockpot, add the chicken, onion, picante, green chilis, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, taco seasoning, chili powder and cumin powder. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the chicken can easily pull apart.
- Allow the chicken to cool and stir in sour cream, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.
- Distribute the mixed greens into separate bowls.
- Evenly top the mixed greens with the fiesta avocado chicken, avocado, pecans and tortilla strips.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!