This recipe celebrates the power of plants by combining whole grain, gluten-free quinoa with a variety of colorful, nutritious vegetables, including tomato, avocado and olives stuffed in a zucchini “boat” base. Fresh mint and tangy lemon juice add zest and zing to this dish that is bursting with flavor.
- 4 ea. large zucchini, seeded, halved
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1 cup. Nature Sweet® Glory® tomatoes, washed, chopped
- 1 cup. quinoa, cooked
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup. fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 ea. small red onion, chopped
- 25 ea. Kalamata olives, pitted, halved
- 1/4 cup. fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ea. lemon, quartered
- Prepare zucchini by slicing in half and scooping out seeds and flesh to make a lengthwise space for stuffing. Brush zucchini halves with olive oil.
- Heat grill. Place zucchini with the cut side down on the grill for 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet when finished and set aside.
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, mint leaves. Blend in cooked quinoa, feta cheese, olives and diced tomatoes. Gently blend in cubed avocado.
- Fill each zucchini half with quinoa mixture. Serve with a wedge of lemon.