- Avocado-Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 2 ea. chipotle chiles, canned in sauce
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. chipotle chiles, sauce from can
- Meatball Sandwiches:
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (can also use ground chicken or turkey)
- 1/2 ea. large baguette, to make 2 hoagie-style sandwiches
- 1 ea. egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. - 3 T. bread crumbs
- Avocado-Chipotle Mayonnaise: Place all the ingredients for the mayonnaise into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Meatball Sandwiches: Add the meat, the egg and the bread crumbs to a large bowl and mix the ingredients with your hands. Roll the meat into approximately 12 meatballs, about the size of a golf ball. / Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add half of the meatballs and cook on each side until golden and crispy, approximately 10 minutes per side. / While meatballs cook, cut the baguette horizontally, and then lengthwise. Then, spread the avocado-chipotle mayonnaise on the bottom half of each baguette. Top with several meatballs and serve while hot.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!