- 2 ea. slices of multigrain bread
- 1 ea. egg
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 6 T. Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. hot sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then gently slide in the egg and boil for 8 minutes. Remove and cool in a bowl of ice water, then peel. The white will be set, and the yolk will be partially set and a little runny. Dice into large pieces and set aside.
- Layer half of the cheese on one piece of bread, then top with the avocado, the egg and the hot sauce. Top with remaining cheese and the other slice of bread.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat, then add the sandwich and place a lid on top. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the bottom is golden and crispy. Add in remaining butter, and once melted, flip the sandwich, cover with the lid, and cook for 2 more minutes, until the bottom is golden and crispy, and the cheese is melted. Cut and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!