This smoky guacamole is for the win! Created with shallots, red bell pepper, ají amarillo chile, black garlic, Maui onion, fresh Spanish oregano and smoked hickory salt, this guac is one for the races! Pair with corn chips and a smoked meat for a delicious summer meal!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 2 ea. leaves of fresh Spanish oregano, finely chopped
- 1 ea. shallot, thinly sliced rings
- 1 ea. red bell pepper, roasted & diced small
- 1 ea. ají amarillo chile, roasted & minced
- 1 ea. clove of fermented black garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 ea. Maui onion, finely diced
- 1 ea. sprig of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 T. raw sugar
- 2 t. vinegar
- Smoked hickory salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and sugar. Heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place shallots into a jar or air-tight container. Pour vinegar mixture over shallots. Let cool, cover and refrigerate until totally cool.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold red bell pepper, Aji Amarillo chiles, black garlic, Maui onions, cilantro and Spanish oregano into avocado until well combined.
- Then add shallot mixture and stir. Season with smoked hickory salt. Top with queso fresco and serve.