This smoky guacamole is for the win! Created with shallots, red bell pepper, ají amarillo chile, black garlic, Maui onion, fresh Spanish oregano and smoked hickory salt, this guac is one for the races! Pair with corn chips and a smoked meat for a delicious summer meal!
- 1 ea. shallot, thinly sliced rings
- 1 T. raw sugar
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 ea. red bell pepper, roasted & diced small
- 1 ea. ají amarillo chile, roasted & minced
- 1 ea. clove of fermented black garlic, minced
- 1/4 ea. Maui onion, finely diced
- 1 ea. sprig of cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 ea. leaves of fresh Spanish oregano, finely chopped
- Smoked hickory salt to taste
- 1/4 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and sugar. Heat until sugar is completely dissolve.
- Place shallots into a jar or air-tight container. Pour vinegar mixture over shallots. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold in red bell pepper, ají amarillo chiles, black garlic, Maui onions, cilantro, and Spanish oregano until well combined. Season with smoked hickory salt. Top with queso fresco.