- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 2 ea. leaves of fresh Spanish oregano, finely chopped
- 1 ea. shallot, thinly sliced rings
- 1 ea. red bell pepper, roasted & diced small
- 1 ea. ají amarillo chile, roasted & minced
- 1 ea. clove of fermented black garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 ea. Maui onion, finely diced
- 1 ea. sprig of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 T. raw sugar
- 2 t. vinegar
- Smoked hickory salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and sugar. Heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place shallots into a jar or air-tight container. Pour vinegar mixture over shallots. Let cool, cover and refrigerate until totally cool.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold red bell pepper, Aji Amarillo chiles, black garlic, Maui onions, cilantro and Spanish oregano into avocado until well combined.
- Then add shallot mixture and stir. Season with smoked hickory salt. Top with queso fresco and serve.