- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 serrano or jalapeño peppers minced, including seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large or 4 small fully ripened Avocados From Mexico halved, and pitted
- 1/2 fresh pineapple peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro divided
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, onion, chiles, lime juice, and salt.
- Using a small knife, score the flesh of Avocado halves in cross-hatch pattern, taking care to not cut through skin. Using large spoon, scoop the cubed Avocado into bowl with vegetables and stir gently to combine, taking care not to mash avocado.
- Mix in pineapple, and half the cilantro. Season to taste with additional chile, lime juice, and salt, if desired. Transfer guacamole to wide, shallow serving bowl and sprinkle on remaining cilantro. If desired, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it onto surface of salsa, and refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving.
- If chilled, bring salsa to room temperature before serving. Because of acid in pineapple, this salsa will not discolor as quickly as other guacamoles.