- 1/3 cup raw shelled pecans
- 3 ripe Avocados From Mexico halved pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 3 scallions white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt or to taste
- Tortilla chips or vegetable sticks to serve
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the pecans and toast, stirring frequently, for a couple minutes. Remove from heat, once cooled enough to handle, coarsely chop.
- In a bowl, mash the diced avocado along with the jalapeño, scallions, fresh thyme, chives, lime juice and salt. Incorporate the pecans and mix well.
- Serve along with tortilla chips or vegetable sticks.