- 1 c. black beans, cooked & drained
- 1-1/2 c. pineapple, diced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 c. red onion, diced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beans, pineapples, avocados, red onions, and cilantro.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle cumin. Toss gently until well combined. Season with salt (optional) and pepper as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!