Go Greek with this guacamole! Red pepper, olives and feta cheese give this guac a Mediterranean flare! Flavorful and delicious, grab a slice of pita and get to dipping!
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- Red pepper cut into small squares
- 1/3 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Hass avocados skinless and seedless
- 1/2 cup feta cheese into lumps
- 4 loaves pita, white or integral
- In a small bowl, mix the onions with vinegar. Mix well and leave aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados and mix with cucumber, red pepper, olives, garlic, juice of lemon, oregano, red pepper seeds, salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Strain the onions and add them to the guacamole. Mix well and season. Cover with plastic and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and brush olive oil on both sides of each pita. Toast each side for two minutes or until crisp. Remove. Let it cool down. Cut into slices.
- Before serving guacamole sprinkle feta cheese on top.