Add a hint of heat to your salad with spicy roasted corn! Mixed with avocado, chicken, ruby red tomatoes and crunchy radishes, the salad is a win for your lunch time woes! Paired with crunch tortilla chips, whole grain pita or wrapped in tortilla, this salad will leave you mouth watering. Plus, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is a good source of fiber (11% of the DV) and is a great way to add variety to your diet.
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 t. salt
- 4 ea. fresh sweet corn, husk & silk removed
- 1/2 c. vinaigrette dressing of your choice
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/8 t. ground cumin
- 1/8 t. cayenne
- 4 c. mixed salad greens
- 2 c. chicken, cooked & diced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled & sliced
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. radishes, sliced
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, chili powder, and salt until well combined.
- Brush each corn ear with the lime juice mixture. Place in broiler for 7 to 10 minutes, turning continuously, until lightly brown. Remove from broiler and let cool.
- In another small bowl, whisk together your choice of vinaigrette dressing, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne until well combined.
- Divide the mixed greens, chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and radishes among 4 individual serving dishes.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and top on each salad.
- Drizzle each salad with dressing.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!