Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1 ea. 15.5-oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (or 1-2/3 cup cooked)
- 1 ea. Avocado from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 ea. peeled garlic clove
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 T. sauce from chipotles in adobo, or more to taste
- 2 T. tahini
- 1 t. kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, puree the garbanzo beans along with the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, chipotle in adobo sauce, tahini, salt, and freshly ground black pepper until completely smooth, or to desired consistency.
- Scrape onto a bowl and serve along with the vegetables and pita bread or chips of your choice.