- 1 ea. 15 oz. can of chickpeas
- 3 ea. carrots, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. large cucumber, cut horizontally into 6 thick slices
- 2 ea. garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves
- 1/3 c. tahini
- 1/4 c. + 1 T. lime juice
- 6 T. olive oil
- 1-1/2 T. jalapeño, diced
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients except the raw vegetables in a food processor, then purée until smooth. Taste and adjust salt as desired.
- Distribute hummus into 6 small cups. Add 2 carrot sticks and 2 cucumber slices to each cup and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!