For me, one of the most endearing ways to eat avocado is turned into these sweet and sour iced pops. With the echo of coconut and the tropics from the coconut milk (or water) it will make you and your guests feel away on vacation with every lick or bite. The flavor is a bit reminiscent of key lime pie. In any case, it tastes like good times, like free time, like relaxing somewhere away on a shore.
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 ea. whole cloves
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 ea. stick of ceylon cinnamon or canela, 3" to 4"
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 t. grated nutmeg
- 1/8 t. salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk and the sugar over medium heat. Let it come to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Place the diced avocados in a blender with the fresh squeezed lime juice, cloves, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, salt and the cooled coconut milk. Puree until completely smooth.
- Pour the avocado mix into the popsicle molds, place in the freezer and chill until the popsicles are completely frozen, about 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and let them thaw for a few minutes before removing from the molds.