Three different preparations for guacamole make it easy to please everyone at once. Whether you want a crab guac, a fruity guac with pomegranate seeds or a cheesy choice with queso fresco, there's a choice for each. Improvise and make your own variations, but these three choices cover most of the bases.
- Guacamole Base:
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 ea. serrano chile, minced
- 2 T. white onion, finely chopped
- 1 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 t. salt
- Lump Crab:
- 8 oz. lump crab meat, roughly chopped
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1/2 t. lime zest
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 T. chives, finely chopped
- 1 T. parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- Tortilla chips, crushed as needed
- Queso Fresco:
- 3/4 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 ea. bag of chicharrones, crushed
- 3/4 c. pomegranate seeds
- 2 c. jicama or cucumber sticks
- Guacamole Base: In a medium bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency. Fold in serrano chile, onions, cilantro, lime juice, and salt until well combined.
- Lump Crab Guacamole: In a small bowl, add the crab meat, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, red bell pepper, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper until well combined. Fold crab mixture into prepared guacamole base. Garnish with crushed tortilla chips.
- Queso Fresco Guacamole: Fold queso fresco into prepared guacamole base. Garnish with crumbled chicharrones.
- Pomegranate Guacamole: Fold pomegranate seeds into prepared guacamole base. Serve with jicama or cucumber sticks.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!