If you are looking for a sizzling chicken dish, this Skillet Chicken with Avocado Salsa is for you! Sautéed onion, jalapeño and tomatoes combine with avocado, lime juice and drippings from the skillet-cooked chicken to create a mouth-watering salsa to make your dish sizzle! Incorporating fresh Hass avocados in your family's everyday recipes helps to increase your fruit and vegetable intake. They're delicious, heart-healthy, and a source of naturally good fats.
- 4 ea. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 t. salt, divided
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/8 t. Paprika
- 1/3 c. red onion, chopped
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded and minced (about 2 T.)
- 3/4 c. fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- Season chicken breasts with salt. In large heavy skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to plate; sprinkle chicken on all sides with paprika; cover loosely with aluminum foil; set aside.
- To prepare Avocado Salsa: Add onion to skillet and cook and stir until just starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add jalapeño and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato. Cook just until hot, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in avocado, lime juice, and any drippings from chicken.
- Transfer chicken to dinner plates. Spoon avocado salsa on top.
- Serve with steamed rice, if desired.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.