This crunchy tostada is layered with flavor! This recipe is sure to be a regular in your weekly menu.
- 1 lb. Pork loin
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ea. Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 ea. Yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 ea. Habanero pepper, minced
- 2 T. Honey
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 t. Chili powder
- 1/4 t. Paprika
- 1/8 t. Orange peel, dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mango Salsa
- 1 ea. Mango, diced
- 2 T. Red onion, diced
- 2 T. Cilantro
- 1 t. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. Lime juice
- 8 ea. Tostada shells
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 3 T. Queso fresco, crumbled
- For the pulled pork: In a large crockpot, add pork loin, mango, bell pepper, yellow onion, habanero pepper, honey, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, paprika and orange peel. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the pork can easily pull apart and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add mango, onion, cilantro, apple cider vinegar and lime juice. Stir until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- On a large plate, evenly spread out tostada shells.
- Evenly spread the avocado on top of the tostada shells.
- Evenly distribute the pulled pork, followed by the mango salsa and queso fresco onto the avocado covered shells. Repeat this step until there are no remaining ingredients.