Chilled soup is a delicious way to hydrate and nourish your body in the hot summer months! Be it at a cookout or a summer dinner on the patio, the fresh flavor of avocado, Mexican crema and crunchy tomatoes blend together to create a tasty appetizer dish. Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 ea. 14-ounce can fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 c. Mexican crema, crème fraiche, or sour cream
- Tomatoes, finely diced to taste
- Parsley or cilantro, finely chopped to taste
- In the jar of a blender, combine 1 of the avocados,1can of the broth, pepper, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Process until smooth and creamy and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Repeat with remaining avocado and broth; stir into the bowl.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on surface of the soup; refrigerate until very cold.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls, dividing evenly.
- Garnish each portion with a spoonful of crema and a sprinkle of tomatoes and parsley or cilantro.