Black beans make the perfect creamy base for this soup! Flavored with oregano, cumin garlic and red pepper, this dish is tasty and satisfying. Topped with avocado and cheese, this is a soup you can eat anytime of day!
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tomatoes seeded chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cans of drained black beans
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Hass avocado diced into small cubes
- 1 cup of cream cheese into cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Crema Mexicana
- In a hot sauce pan add olive oil put onion and garlic to sauté for 3 min. Then add the tomato and red pepper and cook for 5 min. Then the chicken broth and the black beans. Add the oregano and cumin, simmer for 15 minutes and turn off the heat. Add in a blender everything and blend until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with a spoon full of sour cream, fresh cheese and avocado.