- 4 ea. corn tortilla tostada shells
- 1 c. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt, full-fat
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 ea. lime, juiced
- 1/2 ea. small onion, diced
- 1/2 ea. small jalapeño, diced
- 1/3 c. corn kernels, grilled
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. water
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 1/4 t. salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, add the yogurt, avocado, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Process to combine until smooth. Adjust for seasoning and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium high. Add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine. Add black beans to mixture and warm them thoroughly, approximately 10 minutes.
- Assemble tostadas by evenly distributing black bean mixture onto each of the 4 shells. Do the same with corn and avocado-jalapeño crema, plate and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!