Peas, avocado and sour cream create a creamy and satisfying soup! Serve as a warm, tastebud-pleasing appetizer at your next dinner!
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. peas
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/4 ea. stick of butter
- 2 T. sour cream
- 1 T. flour
- 1 T. onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the peas in a food processor.
- Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper to the blended peas and mix for 3 minutes, until a liquid texture. Set aside.
- On the stove, heat a frying on to medium-high heat and melt butter. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Once softened, add the flour to the onion.
- Heat a medium size pot to medium heat. Then add pea and onion mixture and leave to boil for 15 minutes.
- In a blender blend 1 of the avocados and sour cream.
- Once soup has boiled 15 minutes, turn heat to low and add the avocado and cream mixture to the soup and gently stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Cut the second avocado into cubes.
- Evenly distribute soup into 4 bowls and top with cubed avocado.