Sautéed mushrooms, flavorful quinoa and parmesan cheese make the perfect avocado filling! Savory and satisfying, you are sure to love every bite!
- 3 c. water
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 2 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 c. quinoa
- 1/2 ea. lemon, juiced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 T. garlic paste
- 1/2 t. paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan or a deep pan add olive oil to medium heat, sauté the sliced mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste for 5 minutes.
- While mushrooms are cooking, remove the seed from each avocado without removing flesh from skin. Drizzle lemon juice on each avocado half to preserve and keep from browning.
- In a pot over medium heat, bring 3 cups of water to boil and cook quinoa for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once mushrooms are sautéed and quinoa cooked, add the quinoa, garlic paste and salt and pepper to taste to the mushrooms. Stir well to combine all ingredients. Turn off heat.
- Evenly distribute the quinoa mushroom mixture between the centers of each avocado half. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each to garnish and serve.