Rosemary flavored butternut squash, shallots and Cannellini beans make this dish more than guacamole! Mixed with arugula and topped with goat cheese, flavor and color make this a great way to start the new year!
- 1 lb. butternut squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 c. shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. olive oil, divided
- 1 t. dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 t. salt, divided
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ea. 15.5-ounce can of cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 c. arugula
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1/2 c. goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, spread the butternut squash and shallots in a single layer.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Sprinkle rosemary, red pepper flakes and salt; toss well.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the squash is tender. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, red wine vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and remaining oil until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add Cannellini beans, arugula, avocados, and squash; toss with dressing. Sprinkle with goat cheese.