The Mediterranean Diet which is rich in fruits and vegetables, olive oil and healthy fats like those in avocados, make this pasta salad a party favorite. The salad is simple to make – toss cooked pasta with cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, cucumber, olives and feta cheese.
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 T. apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 t. yellow mustard
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 c. basil, minced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ea. rotini pasta, cooked (can substitute for penne or farfalle)
- 1 ea. large cucumber, diced
- 1 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1 ea. pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. peas
- 1/2 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. Kalamata olive, pitted & sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, mustard, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, cucumber, avocados, tomatoes, peas, feta cheese, red onions, and Kalamata olive; toss gently with dressing.