This refreshing salad made with avocados, cucumber and grapefruit is served with a delightful honey and jalapeño dressing. Served on a bed of lettuce, this crunchy and creamy salad is the perfect meal starter. Florida citrus season during the winter months is a great time to serve this salad with the freshest, juiciest grapefruit selection.
- 1 olive oil
- 3 T. grapefruit juice
- 2 honey
- 1-1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 salt
- 8 romaine lettuce
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 1 c. grapefruit segments
- 1 ea. cucumber or jicama, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, grapefruit juice, honey, jalapeño, and salt until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber (or jicama), onions, grapefruit segments, and avocados; toss gently with dressing.
- Divide the romaine lettuce among 4 individual serving dishes and top each with the avocado, cucumber, and grapefruit salad.