- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 lb. spaghetti pasta
- 1 c. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. pine nuts
- 1/2 c. jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ea. garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- Salt to taste
- In a pot over high heat, bring water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for approximately 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- In a blender, blend together the avocados, cilantro, 1/4 cup pine nuts, jalapeño, garlic, vegetable oil, lemon juice and salt to taste. Blend to a creamy texture.
- Place the pasta in a bowl and pour the sauce over, stirring until everything is well combined.
- Evenly distribute into 2 bowls, top with cheese and remaining pine nuts and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!