Seasoned and flavorful, these Avocado Chicken Fajita Tacos are a game changer! Layered with queso Oaxaca cheese, chicken, avocado and onion and wrapped in a soft flour tortilla, these tacos are sure to satisfy your tastebuds with every bite!
- 8 ea. Mission® tortillas, Flour Tortillas Fajita
- 8 0z Queso Oaxaca, shredded
- 1 lb. Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into strips
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1 ea. Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T. Vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 t. Chili powder
- 1/2 t. Cumin, ground
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Pepper
- Season chicken strips with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In a heavy skillet, heat one tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken strips, stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until browned on all sides and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Cook onion slices, stirring, for 6-8 minutes or until softened and caramelized. Set aside.
- In batches, place tortillas in a nonstick pan and set over low heat. Evenly distribute on ounce of cheese over each tortilla. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until just melted.
- Evenly distribute chicken and onions among tortillas. Garnish with avocado.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!