- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1/2 ea. red onions, pickled
- 2 ea. heirloom tomatoes, small dice
- 3-5 ea. TABASCO® chiles (substitute with 1-2 Serrano chiles)
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ea. lime, juiced
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 T. salt
- 2 T. cottage cheese, crumbled
- Pickled Onions:
- 1/2 ea. red onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 ea. radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ea. orange, juiced
- 2 T. salt
- 2 T. sugar
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds:
- 3 T. pumpkin seeds
- 1 t. ancho chile powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- Pickled Onions: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, orange juice, salt, and sugar; mix until salt and sugar are completely dissolved. Place the onions and radishes in a jar or air-tight container. Pour in vinegar mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds: Toast the pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and toss with ancho chile powder and salt until well combined.
- Guacamole: In a large bowl, mash avocados to desired consistency. Fold in pickled onions, tomatoes, chiles, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt until well combined. Top with cottage cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!