- 16 oz. spaghetti
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 ea. garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 t. lemon zest
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine ripe avocados, garlic, basil, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Slowly add olive oil to the food processor until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, tomatoes, and lemon zest. Serve immediately. Fresh avocado sauce can turn brown (oxidize) quickly. Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.
- Note: For a lighter option that is grain-free, serve the avocado pasta sauce with homemade zucchini noodles in place of regular pasta.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!